Firefighters respond to Jesus Center incident


The Jesus Center is located on Park Avenue in Chico. Photo credit: Josiah Nicholl

The fire department was called Friday for a small, smoldering fire that broke out at the Jesus Center.

According to Chico Fire Chief Steve Standridge, there was a hot water heater on the second floor of the building that overheated the floor, causing minor damage.

Once it was located, it was put out by firefighters relatively quick, but the team needed to ensure that it had not spread and done damage to other parts of the building.

The situation was not a danger to the occupants of the building, according to Standridge.

Jessie Imhoff can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @JessieReports.