• Nate Farrington, new director of Adventure Outings, holding up some climbing rope that needs to be organized. Taken by Maki Chapman on February 8th, 2024

Nate Farrington takes the lead as Adventure Outings’ director

Annual diversity exhibit seeks artist submissions

Flier for 6th Annual Diversity Art Exhibit courtesy of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

Chico State welcomes the chance to display artwork celebrating diversity in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s Sixth Annual Diversity Art Exhibit from March 10-28 in Kendall Hall.

Artists from the campus and the greater Chico community are encouraged to submit up to four pieces of original artwork to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion in Kendall Hall Room 110.

The annual exhibit strives to give both the community and campus a way to come together and freely discuss diversity and inclusion, said Josh Whittinghill, spokesperson for the exhibit. It allows artists of all ages and experience to display their visions of diversity and inclusion.

“The exhibit has not only brought artists together, but as well as many of their family members and campus and community members, all in the name of diversity and inclusion,” Whittinghill said.

All submissions must include a 5×7 inch photo of the artwork, an artist statement no longer than one page and an official submission form, which can be found here.

Any questions can be directed to Josh Whittinghill or The Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

Maegan Webster can be reached at [email protected] or @mae_dictionary on Twitter.