• Tommy, a 3 year old Golden Retriever, interacts with students at The Well. Taken by Toby Neal on Feb. 28.

Bell Memorial Union is going to the dogs

• Signs with checkmarks on them. Created by Steven Amador on Mar. 1

CSU Board of Trustees to vote on Academic Professionals of America tentative agreement

Suspect arrested following stabbing in Downtown Chico

The stabbing occurred in the area of West First and Main Streets at around noon on Wednesday
A stabbing occurred in Downtown Chico in the above shown area. Taken by Nathan Chiochios on Jan. 31.

A suspect, under the age 18, has been arrested following a stabbing in Downtown Chico on Wednesday, the Chico and University Police Departments said.

The stabbing occurred in the area of West First and Main Streets at around noon.

In an email sent to the campus community, UPD stated there is not a threat to Chico State. However, everyone is advised to avoid the area as the investigation is ongoing.

An ambulance responded to the scene and two victims, both under 18 years of age, were treated for possible injuries, UPD said.

If anyone witnessed the incident, UPD recommends they contact CPD at 530-897-4900.

No other information is available at this time. The Orion will release updates as they come in.

Ariana Powell can be reached at [email protected] or [email protected].