• Tasha Alexander gardening. Photo Courtesy of Tasha Alexander.

Tasha Alexander: inspiring educator, alumna

• Pacientes y estudiantes pueden quedarse en la sala de espera antes de su cita. El laboratorio de Wellcat está dentro del centro de salud. El laboratorio realiza una variedad de pruebas incluyendo para ETS y otros problemas de salud.

Una nueva ETS está en el pueblo: ¿Que debería saber?

• Patients or students can stay in the waiting area before appointments. The Wellcats lab is located inside the heath center and performs a variety of tests including for STDs and other health issues. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

New STI just dropped: What should I know?

Pedestrian bridge closed due to fallen tree

There is caution tape blocking the bridge, but students are ducking the tape and the tree to use the path anyway
Molly Myers
A person ducks under the fallen tree on the Warner Street pedestrian bridge. Taken by Molly Myers Feb. 21

A large tree is blocking the east side pedestrian bridge along Warner Street between Plumas Hall and the Science Building. 

The roadway, west side walkway and both protected bike lanes are all unaffected. 

Soil saturation caused the tree to start falling slowly on Monday and it has been blocking the pathway since, public relations manager Andrew Staples said. No injuries were caused by the fall and the bridge is essentially undamaged. 

There is caution tape blocking the bridge, but students are ducking the tape and the tree to use the path anyway.

Noah Olmstead, a mechatronics major, said it was pretty cool walking through this area, and that it made him feel like Bear Grylls

A person was spotted climbing the downed tree between Plumas Hall and the Science Building. Taken by Toby Neal on Feb. 22.

An unknown person was spotted Thursday afternoon climbing the fallen tree. 

The university plans to remove the tree over the weekend to avoid disrupting traffic and student activity on Warner Street.

Callum Standish can be reached at [email protected].