Dutch Bros on Esplanade now open

Employees who work at Esplanade have been scheduled at the four other stands in Chico
Orange+cones+block+the+entrance+to+the+Dutch+Bros+on+Esplanade.+Photo+taken+by+Amy+Blair+on+Feb.+28.+
Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

UPDATE –

The Dutch Bros on Esplanade opened March 9 after being closed for renovations. 

Renovations to the stand included new syrup stands, new floors, and a new sink according to Connor Johnston who works at the Esplanade stand. 

The stand on Humboldt Avenue is expected to close for renovations now that the Esplanade stand is open, according to Zach Vanasen, the manager of the Cohasset Dutch Bros. 

Esplanade baristas worked at the various stands around Chico while their stand was going through renovations. 

Johnston said that he worked at the stands on Cohasset, Humboldt and Skyway Park Avenue. He said that he enjoyed working with his friends at the Cohasset stand.

——

The Dutch Bros located at 196 Humboldt Ave. will close for renovations after the Esplanade stand reopens, said Zach Vanasen, manager of the Cohasset stand. 

Customers are encouraged to go to the Humboldt Avenue stand while the Esplanade location is closed, Dutch Bros public relations said.

Employees who work at Esplanade have been scheduled at the four other stands in Chico, said  David Oliva, a Dutch Bros employee who works at the Cohasset location. Despite being overstaffed, Oliva said that employees have not experienced a dip in the hours they receive. 

Oliva also said his stand has been busier than normal due to the Esplanade closure, and that many of the regulars at Esplanade now come through either Cohasset or the downtown location. Dutch Bros considered putting up a temporary stand while Esplanade underwent revisions but decided against it, Vanasen said.

The reporter of this article previously worked for Dutch Bros.