Campus presidents up for pay raise

PRESZINGG.jpg
Paul Zingg, Chico State President. Photo courtesy of Chico State.

Chico State President Paul Zingg may be up for a raise along with 30 other California State University administrators.

The CSU Board of Trustees will vote Nov. 12 and 13 to implement a 3 percent annual increase for all campus presidents as well as executives at the chancellor’s office in Long Beach, including Chancellor Timothy White.

If approved, Zingg will receive $8,385 added to his current annual salary, $279,000, retroactive to July 1 of this year, according to the meeting agenda.

This would be the first CSU administrative raise since 2007, according to the agenda.

In October, the faculty union and chancellor’s office reached a tentative agreement to increase the salary of all faculty, counselors, coaches and librarians by 1.6 percent beginning in the 2014-2015 academic year.

Last year, The CSU provided a 1.34 percent across-the-board increase to the faculty salary pool after union negotiations concluded in the fall. The funding was distributed evenly among all faculty and staff. The increase was their first since 2008.

The Orion can be reached at [email protected] or @orion_news on Twitter.