• Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

Dutch Bros on Esplanade temporarily closed

• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

Floater returns to Chico with pair of upcoming shows

Floater.jpg
Rob Wynia of the band Floater performs an acoustic set. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Ever since the mid-’90s, Floater has been traveling to Chico to play its music live on tour. This time around, the band will change things up by performing an acoustic set for its first show and then plugging back in for the second.

Floater’s singer/songwriter Rob Wynia said: “We try to always keep each set very different, for a number of reasons. Some of it is that we like to mix it up for ourselves. Some of it is that there are songs that just work a lot better electric or acoustic and not the other way around.”

Being predominantly a rock band, Floater still carries other elements of genres throughout its music. The sound can range from psychedelia to reggae to pop.

Each night will host a different vibe and sound from its music.

“The electric shows have a much more chaotic kind of intensity,” Wynia said, “whereas the acoustic shows are more of a deep conversation of sorts.”

Wynia has a message for fans: “Whether this is your first show or your 100th, we’re really glad you’re joining us, and we hope you get off on it as much as we do.”

The acoustic set will be at the El Rey Theatre on May 1 (doors open at 8 p.m.), and the electric show will be on May 2 at the Senator Theatre (doors open at 7:30 p.m.).

Tom Sundgren can be reached at [email protected] or @tomsundgren on Twitter.