• Tommy, a 3 year old Golden Retriever, interacts with students at The Well. Taken by Toby Neal on Feb. 28.

Bell Memorial Union is going to the dogs

• Signs with checkmarks on them. Created by Steven Amador on Mar. 1

CSU Board of Trustees to vote on Academic Professionals of America tentative agreement

Stockdog Association showcases dogs on campus

Nicole Marlin and her dog, Rider, were on campus April 5 to raise awareness of the Stockdog Association’s fundraiser. Photo credit: Molly Sullivan

The Chico State Stockdog Association is holding a fundraiser.

The association is a student organization based in the College of Agriculture that trains dogs in herding, agility and obedience. They are currently fundraising so they can take their dogs to a trainer in the Bay Area to learn goat herding.

The dogs are owned by students and often work on the University Farm herding sheep.

“We have about 15 to 20 dogs of all breeds and students don’t need a dog to join the club,” said Nicole Marlin, the animal welfare officer.

The Stockdog Association will also bring their dogs out during finals week for students.

Molly Sullivan can be reached at [email protected] or @SullivanMollyM on Twitter.