• Students are trickling back to the third floor after renovations are complete. Photo taken by Amy Blair Feb. 19.

Meriam Library third floor is back in business

• The Chico Seed Orchard nature trail is about one mile long, paved and surrounded by a variety of trees with an interesting historical background. Photo by Heather Taylor on Feb. 3, 2024.

New trail of thought: Chico Seed Orchard

• Chico State baseball celebrates a hard-fought win over Montana State Billings. Taken by Lukas Mann on Feb. 8.

Revamped Chico State baseball squad off to undefeated start

• Wildcats play. Taken by Milca Elvira Chacon.

Chico State men’s basketball weekend recap: A triumph and setback on the road

• Students wait in line for the Harvester food truck. Taken by Jolie Asuncion Sept. 22, 2022.

15% of Sales: Associated Students Dining Services agreement

Campus improvements made over summer

A new paint job, as well as windows and other interior improvements have been made to the Performing Arts Center Photo credit: Katia Berg

Summer for Chico State campus was a time of renovating, constructing and generally making subtle improvements.

“I didn’t even know about these projects,” Nicole Nacsa said, a fourth year student studying Communication Science & Disorders. “But I heard about that new security camera. That makes me feel a little safer.”

Nasca is speaking about the new security camera installed near the bike path connected to Nord Ave., better known as the “rape trail.”

“The security camera is important, but funded by the city,” Joe Wills said, Director of Public Affairs.

Wills is confident students will return to campus and recognize the changes.

Bridge under construction
A new bridge by the Physical Science building will appear later this fall Photo credit: Katia Berg

“These are the completed projects made over summer: the Performing Arts Center had a facelift, the Arts & Humanities building is completely finished, and campus is working on a few other things.”

this is an image

These other things include the bridge being built by the Physical Science building, an upgrade to the boiler chiller plant, renovations to the Warren Center, as well as hinting a replacement of the Physical Science building (which would be completed in several years).

this is an image
A second water storage tank is currently under construction, placed next to the existing one at Chico State’s Central Plant. Photo credit: Katia Berg

Although Wills did not go into specifics, it is safe to assume campus will continue to pitch and work on new projects.

Katia Berg can be reached at [email protected]