Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Chico State student reported a sexual assault crime. Photo credit: Sean Martens

Christian Solis

A sexual assault incident was reported on campus, Tuesday, to the University Police Department, involving a Chico State student.

The rape was reported by the victim and allegedly occurred Saturday at approximately midnight, in Whitney Hall.

The suspect’s identification is unknown.

In an announcement, University Police CHief John Reid stated that causes of sexual assault campuswide “…stem from a person’s determination to exercise power over another…regardless of the way a person acts, dresses, or if they are under the influence affirmative consent must be given.”

Further information regarding sexual misconduct is explained in  Title IX.  To report a sexual assault call UPD at (530)898-5555.

Christian Solis can be reached at [email protected] or @c_alexander20 on Twitter.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Rape reported at Whitney Hall”

1. Ralph on September 30th, 2017 7:27 am

According to the Enterprise Record, on- campus sexual assaults have doubled in President Gayle Hutchinson’s first year as college President. Many are saying Chief Feeny was fired because of this. The Orion should be on this story , but Orion editors, as usual, are asleep on the job. Additionally, Orion editors will not write any story that make Gayle Hutchinson look bad! The doubling of rapes on campus is clearly the top story so far this year – this is just a sickening statistic – yet the Orion and it’s asleep-on-the-job editors aren’t even bothering to cover it. Please resign current blockhead Orion editors, you people do not even know what is going on campus, you are just out of it.

2. ralph on October 1st, 2017 8:28 am

This story incorrectly reports that John Reid is the Chief of Police at Chico State. In fact, Reid is a temporary employee hired to replace the previous Chief of the campus police – Feeny – who was fired from the university for reasons nobody at the university, including the Orion, is explaining. Reid is apparently some friend or pal of the president of the college’s from CSU Channel Islands – that’s why he was hired. Apparently no formal hiring process was in place with the hiring of Ried, President Hutchinson just sort of decided to hire her pal as PD Chief, and she also hasn’t bothered to explain why the last Chief got canned either. Many are speculating Feeny was fired because on-campus sexual assaults have doubled in Presidents Gayle Huitchinson’s first year as President of CSU Chico. The reason I know this – that sexual assaults have doubled during Hutchinson’s first year – is because I read that in the Enterprise Record. The Orion, almost unbelievably, hasn’t printed a word about this spike in on-campus sexual assaults ! Apparently Orion editors won’t print stories that make Gayle Hutchinson look bad, which is why the doubling of campus rapes is being covered up by the Orion, somewhat laughably.

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Body found at Kendall Hall, police investigation ongoing

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Environmental organization celebrates 43 years in community

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

New science building breaks ground

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Chaos on the corner of 20th and MLK

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Organizers protest the Women’s Resource Clinic, call for reproductive rights

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Kasey Reynolds hosts #StompOutHate ice cream social

• Rape reported at Whitney Hall

Rape reported at Whitney Hall