Construction management professor named outstanding educator

Alan Bond, outside the O’Connell Technology Center. Photo courtesy Sam Palandech, Chico State College of Engineering.

Josh Cozine

Earlier this month, Alan Bond, Chico State Professor of Construction Management, received the award for outstanding educator by the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America.

Bond

Alan Bond, Outside the O’Connell Technology Center. Photo courtesy Sam Palandech, Chico State College of Engineering.

The award was received for work inside the classroom as well as outside, where he helps oversee Chico State’s chapter of the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC).

First, he said, the AGC notified him of the award. The email notification he received on his phone was ignored while he was driving. “I was driving back from LA with my wife and my phone started chiming like crazy,” Bond said.

Soon after, once colleagues got word, his wife checked and he found out he had won.

Bond said it was both exciting and humbling to receive the award. His chapter of ASC has placed four of the last five years in regional ASC competitions.

Students from past classes “took the lead in processing the application,” Bond said.

Josh Cozine can be reached at [email protected] or @joshcozine on Twitter.