• Nate Farrington, new director of Adventure Outings, holding up some climbing rope that needs to be organized. Taken by Maki Chapman on February 8th, 2024

Nate Farrington takes the lead as Adventure Outings’ director

Seven Wildcats receive All-CCAA honors as regular season comes to a close

Senior Kayla Taylor, 30, sets a screen for fellow senior Whitney Branham, 3, against UCSD. Both were award winners for the Wildcats Photo credit: Kate Angeles

The Chico State men’s and women’s basketball players were awarded with All-CCAA honors for the season as the regular season came to a conclusion.

On the men’s side of the ball, Isaiah Ellis, Jalen McFerren, Corey Silverstrom, and Justin Briggs all won awards.

For the women, Whitney Branham, Kayla Taylor, and McKena Barker were all recipients.

Ellis and McFerren won First Team All-CCAA honors in their final seasons for the Chico State men.

Ellis finished the year averaging 12.4 points per game and 5.7 rebounds, he also led the team in steals with 41, which was eighth in the conference.

This is Ellis’ third straight year receiving All First Team honors and McFerren’s second.

McFerren averaged 13.8 points per game and led the team in 3-pointers with 67 and led the team in defensive rebounds with 145 which was sixth in the conference.

Silverstrom won Second Team All-CCAA honors in his final season as a Wildcat as well.

He led the team with 14.7 points per game which was sixth in the conference and played 34 minutes a game for second in the conference.

Sophomore Justin Briggs won All-CCAA Honorable Mention. He was second in the conference in block with 38 and averaged 6.4 rebounds per game.

For the women, Branham won First Team All-CCAA honors in her final season at Chico State, her second straight.

She led the CCAA in scoring with 18.7 points per game, 3-pointers with 68, and free throw percentage at 88.1 percent. Branham holds the record for 3-pointers in Chico State history.

Taylor won Second Team All-CCAA honors in her final year as well.

She registered career highs in points with 11.8 per game and rebounds with 5.6 per game this season.

Junior McKena Barker won All-CCAA Honorable Mentions for the women.

Barker registered a career high 10.7 points per game and a team leading 6.4 rebounds per game.

Andrew Baumgartner can be reached at [email protected] or @abaum94 on Twitter.