Gateway Science Museum temporarily closing for instillation of new exhibits on climate change

Executive Director of the Gateway Science Museum Adrienne McGraw. Photo credit: Anne Chamberlain

The Gateway Science Museum is currently closed for exhibit installation from May 7 through May 25 and will open back up on May 26.

Executive Director of the Gateway Science Museum Adrienne McGraw said the museum is changing the theme to focus on environmental concerns.

“We’re featuring the topic of climate change,” McGraw said.

When changing out exhibits, it’s typical for the museum to be closed for two to three weeks. Exhibits are never repeated.

“These (exhibits) are coming from big science centers,” McGraw said. “They’re coming from traveling exhibit companies that develop these exhibits so they kind of have a lifespan and then they get retired.”

Some of the exhibits the museum has coming up in the future are on dinosaurs, nanotechnology, space and transportation.

“We look for topics that are going to engage a wide variety of visitors and ages,” McGraw said. “We look for exhibits that have hands-on components and we know have good science.”

Kelsi Sibert can be reached at [email protected] or @ksibertofficial on Twitter.