The Orion

Safeway fire leads to evacuation

Safeway fire leads to evacuation

Brittany Mcclintock

April 30, 2015


Filed under Community, News

Ryan Murray, junior at Chico State, and his friend Kevin were on their way to Bidwell Park when they saw black smoke in the air on Tuesday coming from the Safeway on Mangrove Avenue. When they pulled into the parking lot, they noticed the smoke was coming from the back. Murray went around to the back o...

Chico Fire douses couch burning string

Chico Fire douses couch burning string

Robert Engels

September 15, 2014


Filed under Crime, News

Chico State students have a tradition of burning couches on the street which can be dangerous and considered a felony. A couch that caught on fire at a residence in the back of the Sigma Chi fraternity house off West Fourth and Ivy Streets damaged the exterior walls and nearly consumed the entire ...

X
The student news site of California State University, Chico
aaron lowe