CHICO SHORTS

Conversations on diversity

Today at noon in the University Center Lounge, Multicultural and Gender Studies and Building Bridges will continue the series on successful collaborations for diversity.

“Building the Bridge of Respect: A Collaboration Between Building Bridges and the Business Resource Center” is an open discussion that will explore what it takes to respect people, regardless of individual differences, and how a Chico location committed to respect would be valuable.

The “Bridge of Respect” is an idea to build a bridge on campus symbolizing the bridge between the diverse backgrounds in the community, proposed by students who are a part of Building Bridges and the Business Resource Center. There’s no place like home

On Thursday, an off-campus housing fair will be held in the Bell Memorial Union from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eighteen property owners are providing information to students on more than 100 off-campus rental properties.

A roommate-finder tool will be available to help individual students who are seeking compatible roommates. The event is sponsored by the University Housing and Food Service office, which is located behind Shasta Hall on the corner of Citrus and Legion avenues. Go, go graduate

Friday is the last day to file for spring 2004 graduation. Students who miss the deadline might not get their names printed in the graduation program. If you plan to walk this spring with units pending and will need to take classes this summer or fall, you must re-file for graduation no later than March 12, 2004. Real-time registration begins in early April.

Graduation application packets are available in the Student Records and Registration Office, Meriam Library 180. Bring your checkbook.Oui, Paris

The College of Humanities and Fine Arts is hosting a tour of France June 1-10. A professional tour director will accompany the group throughout the country, and highlights will include visiting the beaches of Normandy and six days in Paris. Cost of the tour is $2,050 and the deadline for reservations is March 1. For more information contact Thomasin Saxe at 898-4642.

<em>–Chico Shorts were compiled by The Orion’s Brooke Rose.</em>