Tips to get the most out of your car this Labor Day and beyond

online_features/travel

Brandpoint

(BPT) – As the sun begins to set on the last stretch of summer, it’s time to start prepping for the final road trip of the season. Millions of drivers hit the road during the summer months, but the weekend leading up to the start of September marks the last hurrah of vacation season, one of the busiest weekends of the year for motorists across the country.

According to AAA, North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, more than 34.1 million Americans will take to the streets during Labor Day weekend this year alone. Whether cruising down to your beach house for the long weekend or visiting family across country, increased driving can create added stress and wear for your vehicle – not to mention stress on your wallet!

Quaker State, one of the industry’s most innovative motor oil brands, makes it its mission to help value-seeking consumers get the most out of their vehicles by extending vehicle longevity and improving durability.

When it comes to what may be your first or second largest investment, value is always key. Make the effort to finish out the season as the summer of savings by following these fuel-saving tips from Quaker State:

Viscosity is vital

Motor oil is the lifeblood of every engine, helping to protect and prolong its life. Using the correct high quality viscosity grade of oil is critical to helping maximize your vehicle’s performance and efficiency.  The reformulated Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic Motor Oil is developed with anti-oxidizing properties to help fight engine aging and wear, while also saving you an average of $0.05 per gallon at the pump.

The pressure’s on

Even your car could use a little TLC at times. Start from the ground up: improperly inflated tires can wear out quickly and waste fuel, with at least two billion gallons of gas wasted each year, according to the Department of Transportation. By keeping your tires inflated to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommended PSI (pounds per square inch), your fuel economy savings can increase to up to $0.11 per gallon.

Get rid of that junk in the trunk

Before setting out on the road for the long haul, do your best to keep your trunk’s haul light. For every one-hundred pounds removed, you can save up to $0.07 per gallon. So when traveling with multiple people, pack only the necessities!

Raise the roof on fuel savings

Hitting the open road and taking off for the end of summer can be exciting, especially with the idea of fresh pavement waiting to be explored. However, traveling with a fully-loaded roof rack can not only slow you down, but also decrease your fuel efficiency by five percent, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. By stowing bulkier items in the trunk, you can add a sense of ease to your car’s aerodynamics, as well as its gas tank.

Summer is a time for relaxing, so this year, have a plan:  Let Quaker State help you get the most out of your vehicle and save some money along the way. For more information on Quaker State Ultimate Durability, please visit <a href=”http://www.quakerstate.com/” rel=”nofollow”>www.quakerstate.com</a>.