Humans of Chico State: Life decisions

hocweb1.jpg
Michael Kramer, a junior business major, explains why attending Chico State was his biggest life decisIon. Photo credit: Annie Paige

What is the biggest decision you’ve made so far in life?

“The biggest decision I ever had to make was coming to Chico State, because one, I knew I would be moving away from home, and two, I’d be moving to a new place where I wouldn’t know very many people. It turned out to be a good decision that I’m glad I made.”

hocweb3.jpg
Freshman liberal studies majors Adriana Vega, left, and Brittany Snelson, hang out before class in Holt Hall and talk about the biggest decisions they've faced so far. Photo credit: Annie Paige
\

“The biggest decision I’ve made is deciding on a school, like where to go to. It’s the biggest decision because that’s the first place I moved to outside of my house.” – Adriana Vega, left

“Mine is kind of the same, but it was also a lot harder to decide to move away from home because I struggle being away from my dad. He has a lot of health issues, and I didn’t want to move away from that.” – Brittany Snelson

hocweb4.jpg
Raman Phagura, a junior math education major, explains how choosing Chico State was her biggest decision and also one that she would change if she could. Photo credit: Annie Paige

“I guess probably choosing to come to Chico has been the biggest life decision I’ve had to make thus far, because I haven’t had too many decisions.”

If you could change one decision you have made in your life, what would it be and why?

“Coming to Chico, maybe (I should have) gone a little bit further. Just to kind of get outside of my comfort zone because I’m super shy. So if I had gone somewhere further, it would have made me be more outgoing.”

hocweb2.jpg
Diana Rodriguez, a junior liberal studies bilingual cross-cultural major, kills time between class sitting by the broken bridge across from Holt Hall. Photo credit: Annie Paige

“I don’t think I would change anything just because I think everything has its purpose. Something happens for a reason. There’s a reason for why I’m here. There’s a reason for everything.”

hocweb5.jpg
Subina Khan, a junior English literature and history major, explains what decision she would change, if she could. Photo credit: Annie Paige

“Maybe trying harder in school. In high school I didn’t take it seriously enough so now it bites you in the butt. I may have underestimated the difficulty of college because high school was so easy. If I had taken high school seriously, college could be a better experience.”

Annie Page can be reached at [email protected] or @anniepaige3 on Twitter.