• A girl and her dog enjoy the blue cloudy skies and fresh air on a walk in Cannonville, Utah, appreciating the beauty of nature and calming energy it brings. Taken by Ava Aragon on July 29, 2023.

10 ways to celebrate Earth Day

• Photo of Katie Callahan, who ran the event. An art history major in her senior year, she is the single student employed by Wellcat Safe Place. Taken on April 18th, 2024

Affirmative consent: What is it?

• 2023-24 Chico State men’s golf team in front of Kendall Hall. Courtesy: Jason Haley/Chico State photographer

Chico State men’s golf prepares for upcoming conference championship

Cons of Cosmetic Surgery

Allison250x250.jpg
Illustration by Miles Huffman

Plastic surgery is one of the most astonishing accomplishments in the medical world. It basically allows people to alter their body in a way that’s closer to what they desire to look and feel like.

This is both amazing and frightening.

Never before can people feel more comfortable in their skin.

While I’m all for getting plastic surgery for medical reasons, like reconstruction because of an accident, plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons just seems unhealthy.

Cosmetic plastic surgery is like when Kylie Jenner increased the size of her lips for no other reason than she thought that it would looks better.

This is one of many consequences of overvaluing beauty.

Getting cosmetic plastic surgery shows a distorted view of the world and oneself.

It allows for the media and society to dictate how someone feels about themselves.

It is sad to me that people cannot love themselves the way they are. To value the other aspects that make them great.

Besides, a person might regret altering their body in such a permanent way for a temporary trend in fashion or beauty.

People should love their face and body for how it was made.

Allison Galbreath can be reached at [email protected] or @agalbreath19 on twitter.