Donald Chump on the rise

Ryan Tubbs

trump-web.jpg

Illustration by Adriana Macias Photo credit: Adriana Macias

For months now, Trump has been entertaining America. Scratch that, he’s been entertaining the world. And I use the word “entertaining” very specifically.

While this article is indeed about the Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, it is not an article about his political stance or the intended decisions he has promised to make if elected president. It is an article about a loud, disrespectful and egotistical man who wishes to control and represent America to the rest of the world.

While I won’t deny that some of Trump’s political viewpoints and ideas are worth hearing out, he simply is not the type of person we as Americans should want in the White House.

Like I said, Trump is an entertainer. There is no doubt the man has gained a significant amount of followers and supporters— it is quite surprising actually. But I believe a good portion of those followers are merely watching to see what the guy does next.

Trump is like the loud guy at the party who has had a little too much to drink: He’s being loud and yelling at people while others pretend to enjoy it so they aren’t his next victims. He goes on entertaining, keeping people occupied and intrigued.

He tries kissing one girl, then another and has no respect for their feelings or their self-respect. Finally another guy has had enough and tries intervening, explaining to Trump that what he’s doing is wrong and the detrimental effects his behavior will have. Trump doesn’t like this.

No one talks down to Donald Trump. He begins shouting at the guy, calling him a loser and attacking him in ways that are totally irrelevant, all without giving the other guy a chance to speak. Before you know it, he’s started kicking people out who he doesn’t like, even though it isn’t his house.

The guy is totally out of control but thinks he’s the one in control. Soon enough the cops come, and here comes Trump shouting and yelling through the crowd thinking he can handle the situation. Other partygoers look at one another and think, “Wait, is this really the guy we want trying to deal with this right now? The most disrespectful and hard-headed guy at the party?”

And the answer for all you partygoers, and Americans, is no; the overbearing and disrespectful person is not the one you want representing you.

Sure, being mean and loud can get you obedience, but it does not get you respect, and the president of the United States should be a figure representing absolute respect.

Ryan Tubbs can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.