• Meet The Orions fall 2024 editorial board. Collage created by Ariana Powell on May 8 using Pixlr.

Meet The Orion’s fall 2024 editorial board!

• President Perez shaking the hand of Taylor Bisby as she receives her Masters degree. Taken by Jessica Miller on May 15

Chico State celebrates Graduate Studies Commencement

• Live from the World Contamination Tour. Photo taken by Penny Howle and courtesy My Chemical Romance.

An alt-girl’s origin story: emo beginnings

Always is the right time to see your adviser

Kristina Martinez
Kristina Martinez

Staying on track when it comes to the classes you take each semester in college is critical. College students are very aware of the fact that graduating in four years is no longer the norm. Seeing your adviser is mandatory for some majors before you enroll in classes, but few people think about checking in with their adviser after enrolling.
You will not always get every class you need or want each time you enroll. It should be every college student’s priority to take classes that actually count towards graduating.
Seeing your adviser after enrolling in classes can help you get that extra reassurance that you will not be wasting your time with any of the classes you enrolled in and could even give you better suggestions.
College is unfortunately not free, and you want to make sure that your money is going to good use. Stay on track.

Kristina Martinez can be reached at [email protected] or @kristinacsuc on Twitter.