Shop locally for holiday presents

kleenkanteens.jpg
Kleen Kanteens hang on display at the A.S. Bookstore.Photo credit: Lara Rodriguez

It gets harder and harder every year to shop for the people in our lives, causing the stress of running from store to
store looking for the perfect gift. Well, you can relax this year.

Here is a gift guide to bringing a piece of Chico home this year:

Chico Bag

For the adventurous traveler in your family, give the gift of environmentally friendly packs. Chico Bag offers over 25 different styles of bags, ranging from practical, reusable shopping bags, such as the Vita for $7.80 to the $29.99 duffle for overnight excursions. The company even makes a variety of fashion bags for those looking for something with a bit of style. Chico Bags can be purchased all over Chico, retailers include Chico Sports LTD, Walgreens and the AS Bookstore.

Klean Kanteen

It’s no secret that Klean Kanteens are staples for most Chico State students. So, why not take a few home with you? The company makes more than just canteens and has something for everyone, including tumblers, pint cups, food canisters and baby bottles. The original 27 oz. stainless steel water bottle comes in ten different colors and goes for $19.95. Klean Kanteen is dedicated to making their products responsibly, so you’ll feel good about giving them to your loved ones. You can purchase Klean Kanteens at Collier Hardware, Chico Natural Foods and Made in Chico, among other locations.

Maisie Jane’s

Chico’s own Maisie Jane’s is the perfect place to find a gift for the food lover in your life. The store, located at 1324 Datyon St., offers festive gift baskets, as well as individual products featuring a wide variety of flavored almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, dried fruit, honey, chocolate and pies. The “Holiday Spirit Gift Basket” offers cinnamon glazed nuts, mint chocolate, dark chocolate almonds, almond butter and mountain fruit jam for $34.50.

Sierra Nevada

Brag about living in the same town as the Sierra Nevada Brewery by giving unique presents from the gift shop. Located on E. 20th Street, the gift shop has everything from clothing featuring different Sierra Nevada beers to special IPA glasses. Check out the iPhone Bottle Opener Case for $20 or the Sierra Nevada Mustard Gift Pack for $14. Of course, you can’t go wrong this time of year with the holiday red Celebration Ale hooded sweatshirt for $34.99.

Kayla Smith can be reached at [email protected] or @Kayla_Smith1013 on Twitter.