• Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

Dutch Bros on Esplanade temporarily closed

• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

Letters to: Parents Back Home

Photo credit: Diego Ramirez

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hey folks, guess what? The semester is coming to an end and you know what that means… I am moving back for the summer!

I wish I could stay here, to be honest. Don’t take it personally, I miss being back home but at the same time I’m going to miss my freedom and independence even more. I’ve been living in a college town where I never have a feeling of boredom because I am constantly always busy.

It’s going to feel weird, going back home and not having something to do at all times.

However, I should be thankful because I don’t have to stay up in here in Chico where the temperature during the summer reaches above 100 degrees.

Thank you, for giving me the opportunity to go off to college by supporting me both financially and emotionally and for always listening to me complain about the struggles I face trying to balancing my adult life. I would not be here without you guys. So, thanks again.

I’m still in denial of having to leave but I am sure once I see your beautiful faces I will be so happy.

So for now, I’m going to cherish my last moments of this semester and eat pizza for every meal while I still can.

See you guys soon!

Sincerely,

a Wildcat

Danielle Cortes can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.