• Orange cones block the entrance to the Dutch Bros on Esplanade. Photo taken by Amy Blair on Feb. 28.

Dutch Bros on Esplanade temporarily closed

• The student health center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, and is closed for an hour each day from noon to 1 p.m. Courtesy: WellCat Health Center, taken by Jason Halley/University Photographer

Healthcare for students anytime, anywhere: all the WellCat has to offer

• Second Street from the B Line bus station. Taken by Maki Chapman on Feb. 28.

Backsliding on alcohol rules, or maybe moving forward

• Staff Members of the Black Youth Leadership Project 
Left-Right: Pamela Irby, Laniea LaGarde, Quinessa Stibbins, Laila Anderson, Candy Jackson, Keila Lee, Brandon Trowel

Community leadership project aims to uplift Black youth 

• Jason Rabinowitz, secretary-treasurer of Local 2010, addresses Unit 6 workers ahead of the ratification vote. Photo taken from Teamsters 2010 Flickr account.

Teamsters Local 2010 tentative agreement to be voted on by CSU Board of Trustees

Chico State men’s soccer extends win streak to four

Team+Celebration
Annette Moll
Team Celebration

No. 8 Chico State netted five goals in their win against Saint Martin’s University Saturday. It all started with junior forward Miles Rice’s goal in the first minute of the game. Scoring early has been a major part of the Wildcats success this season. They have six goals in the first four games of the season in just the first half alone.

Chico State’s second goal came from sophomore defender Justin Ricketts, his first goal of the season, assisted by senior midfielder Adrian Fontanelli.

“I thought it was going in the goal. I looked at the net and I was like wow! Hopefully I can get a few more. It felt great,” said Ricketts.

Chemistry is the key to winning games and the Wildcats have thrived in this area through the first four games remaining undefeated.

“We are all clicking and we know that we all make mistakes so we learn to stay patient with each other and work together,” said Ricketts.

The Wildcats defense has still not allowed a single team to score this season. Junior Preston Moll, captain of the defense, logged his first two goals of the season with the help of Fontanelli’s second assist of the game.

Preston Moll vs Saint Martin’s (Annette Moll)

“Our goal is to win, but now it is to not give up a single goal this season,” Preston said. “We need to continue to stay on the same page together as a team.”

The Wildcats play the Biola Eagles on Thursday. Biola lost their last game on Saturday and is sitting at a record of 0-3-1.

The Wildcats hope to extend their win streak to five with a win Thursday at University Soccer Stadium with kickoff at 7 p.m.

“It’s definitely going to be a hard matchup. We have to be playing our best soccer. I like the groove we got going on right now.” Fontanelli said.

You can watch Chico State’s next game against Biola on Thursday right here

For more information about Chico State Athletics, visit the Wildcats homepage.