• This is a 100% satirical article. Graphic generated by Ariana Powell using Adobe Firefly on April 25.

'The Big Dipper'

Black Plague on-campus: RUN!!!

• Molly Myers, managing editor of The Orion, sticks out her thumb on 9th street in Chico, California. Screenshot taken from The Orions video on hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking in Chico: a woman’s perspective on trust and adventure

• Student Isaac Potkin introducing his arrangement of Indiana Jones during the wind ensemble concert. Taken by Jessica Miller on April 27.

Chico State Wind Ensemble gives cinematic performance

• One of the many painted denim squares featured throughout the Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum. Taken by Nadia Hill on, April 24.

WellCat Safe Place hosts Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum

Chico State adds tie to weekend series

Nick Sanders
Chico State huddles before the game vs. the Dominguez Hills Toros on Sunday

No. 5 Chico State Wildcats come up with a tie against the Cal State Dominguez Hills Toros 1-1 on Sunday, their fourth tie of the season.

The Wildcats were not able to notch a goal in the first half. The Toros took the early lead in the 18th minute from a corner kick.

Chico State Sophomore Thomas Douglas scored his first goal of his career for the Wildcats in the second half to tie the game. Freshman Robbie Lloyd was able to pick up his first assist of his college career.

Goalkeeper Emanuel Padilla had a busy day, he tacked on four saves during the game. The Toros had 23 shots in the game, five of those being on goal compared to the Wildcat’s nine shots and three on goal.

Junior midfielder Cayden Hotaling running to the ball vs. Cal State Dominguez (Nick Sanders)

Chico State is tied for fifth in the conference standings with Sonoma State. Only the top six teams will be eligible for the postseason playoffs. Chico State is hoping to win out the rest of its games to do so.

The Wildcats next game is against the San Francisco State Gators on Friday at 4:30 p.m. The Gators are coming into Friday’s game with a (3-8-3) record. Chico State is entering Friday’s contest with a record of (10-1-4).

You can watch the game here.

For information about Chico State Athletics, visit the Wildcats home page.

Nick Sanders can be reached at [email protected]