• This is a 100% satirical article. Graphic generated by Ariana Powell using Adobe Firefly on April 25.

'The Big Dipper'

Black Plague on-campus: RUN!!!

• Molly Myers, managing editor of The Orion, sticks out her thumb on 9th street in Chico, California. Screenshot taken from The Orions video on hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking in Chico: a woman’s perspective on trust and adventure

• Student Isaac Potkin introducing his arrangement of Indiana Jones during the wind ensemble concert. Taken by Jessica Miller on April 27.

Chico State Wind Ensemble gives cinematic performance

• Chico State pitcher Amelie Valdez celebrates with first baseman Destiny Sevilla. Taken by Aaron Draper

Wildcats softball closes out season, celebrate senior day

• One of the many painted denim squares featured throughout the Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum. Taken by Nadia Hill on, April 24.

WellCat Safe Place hosts Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum

Chico State men’s basketball falls short in grueling away game battle

The Wildcats and the San Bernardino Coyotes were neck-and-neck, resulting in a 41-41 tie as the halftime buzzer sounded
Men’s basketball team huddle up going over plays during timeout. Taken by Nick Sanders on Feb. 9.

During a busy weekend on the road, the Chico State men’s basketball team faced a challenging matchup resulting in a 79-91 loss against Cal State San Bernardino on Saturday.

The Wildcats and the San Bernardino Coyotes were neck-and-neck, resulting in a 41-41 tie as the halftime buzzer sounded. 

The intensity on the court during those initial two quarters had fans on the edge of their seats, witnessing exceptional rebounds and strategic maneuvers from both teams.

Despite a strong start, the Wildcats struggled to maintain their lead throughout the second half, facing tough competition from San Bernardino’s team. 

The Wildcats offense showed determination, with standout performances from Joshua Hamilton, who contributed 28 points throughout the game, and Evan Oliver who had a season high of 10 rebounds. However, the opposing team’s defense proved to be a formidable obstacle for the Wildcats.

Chico State fans expressed their unwavering support for the team, with hopes high for a strong comeback in upcoming games.

The loss marks a challenging moment for the Chico State men’s basketball team, but the players remain focused on the rest of the season. The Wildcats will regroup and prepare for their next game against Cal State Monterey Bay on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Kelp Bed Arena.

For more information about Chico State Athletics, visit the Wildcats homepage.

Kya Williams can be reached at [email protected].