YG sells out solid show at Senator

photo (2).JPG
Hip-hop artist YG turns up up a sold out crowd Tuesday night at the Senator Theatre. Photo credit: Michael Quiring

A sold-out crowd filled the Senator Theatre in anticipation to listen to one of the West Coast’s latest stars Tuesday night during finals week. From classics to modern hits, the show covered it all.

Hip-hop artist YG came to Chico for one of the many shows on his “My Krazy Life” tour. Special guest DJ Mustard also brought some hype.

The night opened with DJ Mustard playing a couple jams to warm the crowd up for the main performance. He played some West Coast hits by artists such as Tupac, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.

After what seemed like a 45-minute intermission, YG finally came onto the stage to give the fans what they wanted.

The crowd erupted early as he played the song “BPT,” singing along with the chorus. Throughout the night, YG played every song off of his latest album, “My Krazy Life,” and even threw in some of his later hits like “Toot It and Boot It” and “I’m Good.”

The energy inside the Senator Theatre was alive, as YG had the place knocking during his set list. One of the night’s highlights was when YG performed his song “Bompton” and threw in a few Chico shoutouts as the crowd was getting down.

YG closed the night out with the song “Who Do You Love?” The audience gigged one last time as YG came out to thank Chico for a great night.

The only thing that could have made the show better would have been a longer set time. Other than that, YG delivered the Senator Theatre audience a solid hip-hop show to close out the spring 2014 semester.

Michael Quiring can be reached at [email protected] or @theorion_news on Twitter.