Lecturer appointed to state deputy director

claudia crist.jpg
Claudia Crist, lecturer of multicultural health and health care delivery systems, was appointed as deputy director of health care delivery systems at the California Department of Health Care Services. Photo credit Claudia Crist

A Chico State lecturer of the health and community services department was appointed as the deputy director of health care delivery systems at the Department of Health Care Services, according to a news release.

“I am ecstatic, humbled and incredibly honored,” she said.

Claudia Crist will begin her new position Jan. 2. She will be responsible for the development, promotion and implementation of health care delivery systems to more than 9 million people in the state Medi-Cal program.

“One key thing that drew me to serving in this role is the opportunity to enhance coordination of care across the care continuum, and partnering with key stakeholders in our health care delivery system to implement the delivery systems needed to make a difference for people,” Crist said.

Crist will provide direct management for several divisions, including Long-Term Care, Medi-Cal Managed Care and Systems of Care, she said.

“Specifically, I will direct and coordinate the HCDS programs to ensure uniform program direction and maximum efficiency statewide,” she said.

Crist has been a lecturer at Chico State since 2013. She has a master’s degree in health administration from the University of Southern California and is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the California Association of Healthcare Leaders.

“I am only an adjunct professor and lecturer, but have absolutely enjoyed working with and for our students here,” Crist said. “What better way to see the incredible talent that is coming into healthcare than being part of their journey?”

Madison Holmes can be reached at [email protected] or @madisonholmes95 on Twitter.