Langeloh fans 10 in win

Langeloh fans 10 in win

Senior pitcher Brooke Langeloh launches a pitch in a game against Cal State Dominguez Hills. Photo credit: Nick Martinez-Esquibel

Gabriella Bermudez

The Chico State softball team won the first half of a doubleheader against the Cal State Dominguez Hills Toros 9-1 after only six innings at home on April 8.

The win puts the ‘Cats at a conference record of 19-9 with an overall record of 28-10 for the 2016 season.

The first game was pitched by senior Brooke Langeloh. She pitched all six innings to keep the ‘Cats in the lead.

Langeloh’s pitching held the Toros to one run during her time on the mound. She allowed one hit, two walks and struck out 10.

The main scorers of this game consisted of senior first base Desiree Gonzalez, senior catcher Brynn Lesovsky and first-year second base Rachel DeHart.

garmon_web.png

Junior Calin Garmon waits for the pitch in a game against Cal State Dominguez Hills. Photo credit: Nick Martinez-Esquibel

Over the course of four appearances at the plate, Gonzalez hit twice both of which resulted in doubles, scored two runs and two RBIs. Lesovsky hit at each of her appearances at the plate and was able to score two runs and one RBI. DeHart scored one run during her four appearances at the plate.

At the end of the game the Wildcats had a total of nine runs, 15 hits and no errors. Cal State Dominguez Hills scored one run, one hit and had two errors.

The Wildcats hit the road to take on Cal State East Bay starting on Saturday, April 16.

Gabriella Bermudez can be reached at [email protected] or @gabbybermudez2 on Twitter.