• This is a 100% satirical article. Graphic generated by Ariana Powell using Adobe Firefly on April 25.

'The Big Dipper'

Black Plague on-campus: RUN!!!

• Molly Myers, managing editor of The Orion, sticks out her thumb on 9th street in Chico, California. Screenshot taken from The Orions video on hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking in Chico: a woman’s perspective on trust and adventure

• Student Isaac Potkin introducing his arrangement of Indiana Jones during the wind ensemble concert. Taken by Jessica Miller on April 27.

Chico State Wind Ensemble gives cinematic performance

• One of the many painted denim squares featured throughout the Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum. Taken by Nadia Hill on, April 24.

WellCat Safe Place hosts Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum

Chico State men’s soccer ends regular season with a tie

Nick Sanders
Carson Zarate celebrating his game-tying goal.

After clinching the fourth spot in the California Collegiate Athletic Association tournament, No. 11 Chico State men’s soccer team tied against the Stanislaus State Warriors in their last match of the regular season on Thursday.

The Warriors took the early lead over the Wildcats in the first half, until sophomore defender Carson Zarate scored off a free kick that Justin Ricketts capitalized on in the 38th minute.

The Warriors outshot Chico State (20-13). Sophomore Ricketts and senior Noah Ross had the most shots for the Wildcats with three each. Stanislaus had zero saves during the match.

Junior goalkeeper Emanuel Padilla continued to show his skills, notching three saves in Thursday’s game.

Chico State clinched the fourth spot in the CCAA tournament behind the Monterey Bay Otters, the Los Angeles Golden Eagles and the Pomona Broncos.

(Cayden Hotaling challenges a Stanislaus State defender. Photo taken Nov 2. by Nick Sanders)

The Wildcats will play the San Marcos Cougars on Sunday in the first round of the tournament. They are hoping to have a better result in their match against the Cougars this time around. The Wildcats last meeting with them on Oct. 1 ended in a 0-0 tie.

The kickoff will be at 11:30 a.m. at University Stadium. The semi finals will take place at Cal Poly Humboldt. The winner of Sunday’s game will play the top seed Los Angeles Golden Eagles .

You can watch Sunday’s game here. Some notable Wildcat players to watch during Sunday’s game are defender Preston Moll, goalkeeper Padilla and forward Miles Rice, who was absent due to injury the last two games.

For more information about Chico State Athletics, you can visit the Wildcats homepage.

Nick Sanders can be reached at [email protected]