• This is a 100% satirical article. Graphic generated by Ariana Powell using Adobe Firefly on April 25.

'The Big Dipper'

Black Plague on-campus: RUN!!!

• Molly Myers, managing editor of The Orion, sticks out her thumb on 9th street in Chico, California. Screenshot taken from The Orions video on hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking in Chico: a woman’s perspective on trust and adventure

• Student Isaac Potkin introducing his arrangement of Indiana Jones during the wind ensemble concert. Taken by Jessica Miller on April 27.

Chico State Wind Ensemble gives cinematic performance

• One of the many painted denim squares featured throughout the Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum. Taken by Nadia Hill on, April 24.

WellCat Safe Place hosts Denim Day Resource Fair and Museum

Revenue sharing: What is it? Why is it Important?

The revenue-sharing program provides student organizations funding for the following school year
A group of hands dropping bills into a pile of money. Students will get the opportunity to allocate funds to organizations of their choice Thursday, April 4. Created by Steven Amador.

Students across campus can participate in the revenue sharing program when they vote in the Associated Students general election on Thursday.

The revenue-sharing program provides student organizations funding for the following school year.

Each voter has the opportunity to allocate $15 to support the student organizations of their choice. Voters may choose to allocate all $15 to one organization, $7.50 to two organizations or $5 to three organizations.

There will be more than 200 student organizations from which voters can choose from.

The money is derived from students’ activity fees, which is paid alongside tuition and other fees at the beginning of each semester.

Starting this year, all active competitive sport clubs as well as certain academic organizations will be eligible for revenue sharing.

Last year, students allocated over $29,760 in funding to student organizations.

Greek organizations made up eight of the top 10 organizations with the most pledged funds. Alpha Phi, a sorority, took the top spot last year with 88 voters allocating $1,200.

Funds are available through reimbursement only. Student organizations will submit a reimbursement form to receive funding.

Funds allocated in the 2024 election will be available for expenses incurred after July 1.

Steven Amador can be reached at [email protected]