• Pro-Palestine banners put up on Butte Hall by Students for Justice in Palestine. Photo taken May 1, 2024. Photo taken May 1, 2024 by Molly Myers.

Ceasefire campaign launches on campus, President Perez sends email on protests 

• A heavy police presence is in the area of Nord Avenue. Taken by Callum Standish on May 2.

Police apprehend suspect following stabbing in area of Nord Avenue

• Left Fielder Troy Kent taking a swing in the 5th inning. Taken by Aaron Draper.

Chico State baseball drops to 5th after a tough series against East Bay

• This is a 100% satirical article. Graphic generated by Ariana Powell using Adobe Firefly on April 25.

'The Big Dipper'

Black Plague on-campus: RUN!!!

• Molly Myers, managing editor of The Orion, sticks out her thumb on 9th street in Chico, California. Screenshot taken from The Orions video on hitchhiking.

Hitchhiking in Chico: a woman’s perspective on trust and adventure

The food was served in under five minutes and was a fair price, Chico State social work student and Sake customer, Julia Locker, said
Customers enjoying all-you-can eat rolls as servers work in Sake restaurant. Taken by Jessica Miller on April 18.

Sake is an all-you-can-eat restaurant open for business as of Thursday, now serving sushi, sashimi, soups, salad and more. 

From the minute you walk into the restaurant you can expect to be greeted by kind servers and the smell of fresh fish. Customers can prepare themselves for authentic Japanese sushi and a beautiful atmosphere. 

Sake is located at 2040 Business Ln. between In-n-Out and Applebee’s. Their hours are:

• Sunday through Thursday — 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Friday through Saturday — 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The food was served in under five minutes and was a fair price, Chico State social work student and Sake customer, Julia Locker, said.

“It’s really good. I don’t even like sushi and I like it,” Locker said. 

Good reviews are already coming into the restaurant’s Google rating raving about the service, atmosphere, and the prices for quality sushi.

During lunch service time, adults pay $22.99 per person for all-you-can-eat sushi. Lunch runs from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

During dinner service time, adults eat for $35.99 per person for all-you-can-eat sushi. Dinner runs all day Saturday and Sunday and from 3:30 p.m. to closing Monday through Friday.

Sake takeout menu displaying prices of non-buffet food options. Courtesy: Sake

Sake also offers a takeout menu for those who wish to call ahead and pick up their order. 

A full review of Sake can be found here.

Jessica Miller can be reached at [email protected].