• Photo taken inside of the Bistro. Photo courtesy of Luis P.

Big Tuna Sushi Bistro: Flavor, tradition, innovation

• A student shovels dirt over the 2024 time capsule outside of Kendall Hall. The time capsule will be unveiled in 2074 as they are unveiled every 50 years. Taken by Grace Stark on April 23.

Chico State holds annual Time Capsule Ceremony for graduating seniors

Three home runs lead Wildcats softball in game one of CCAA Championship

Wendy Cordial concentrating while at bat where she finished Friday’s victory with 3 RBIs including a home run. Photo credit: Caitlyn Young

The Chico State softball team continue to prove why they are the No.1 ranked team in the California Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament after beating Cal State San Bernardino 12-0 in five innings in the opening game of the tournament.

The Wildcats scored eight runs in the first inning, followed by three in the second and tallied their final run in the fourth inning.

Home runs have been nothing shy of the norm this season for Chico State this season and today’s game was no exception. The Wildcats tallied three home runs in the first inning against the Coyotes.

Cyrenna Taylor got it going for Chico with a three-run home run followed by a two-run shot to right field by Bailey Akins. Wendy Cardinali added her name to the list with a three run home run down to give Chico State a 8-0 lead at the end of inning number one.

Haley Gilham took the mound for the ‘Cats just after being named the CCAA’s Most Valuable Pitcher. Gilham retired the top three batters in order in the first inning and allowed only two hits throughout her three innings pitched, earning her 24th win this season.

Sam Mulock came in in-relief, tossing a scoreless fourth inning. Naomi Monahan came in for Mulock in the fifth silencing the Coyotes in order with a strikeout to end the game.

The team has now won 23 straight after tonights win improving to 48-3 overall.

Katalina Santamaria can be reached at [email protected] or @katalinaleanet on Twitter.